My paid services cover three areas: Documentation development; documentation consulting, and tools development and training. Contact me now, via the right contact box, to find out how I can help you.
Tools Development and Training Services
Train you, or your employees, in popular software tools so that you can focus on work (and not the tools). Training can be on site, via Skype, or another Internet-based tool.
- Word skills
- Customizing MS Word to meet your needs
- Understanding Styles and Templates
- Desk Top Publishing with MS Word (all versions)
- PowerPoint Skills
- How to give a more effective presentation (all versions)
- Customizing PowerPoint to meet your needs (all versions)
Develop Templates to Meet Personal or Corporate Needs
MS Word templates (2003 and 2007/2010, 2016)
MS PowerPoint templates (all versions)
Note: Unlike some developers, if you want to learn how to edit the template, I can you on how to edit. Training is not included in the cost of the template.
Documentation Development Services
Write or edit documents that meet your needs
- Edit/rewrite theses or research papers
- Prepare documents for publication in peer review journals
- User manuals for hardware, software, or systems
- Standard operating procedures (SOPs) and related documentation
- Prepare MS Word document for printing (as a Word or PDF file)
- Prepare or edit PowerPoint files for more effective presentations
Documentation Consulting Services
Suggest solutions to your current documentation needs
Develop global documentation plans for your products
Develop translation procedures for product documentation
Evaluate effectiveness of current documentation
Recommend information dissemination strategies (online vs CD vs print, etc.)
Recommend companies that can provide advanced technical communication services if I am unable to fill your needs
A Note About My Fees
My fees for training are per course, if for groups.
Individual training and all other work is based on a set hourly rate. Since many people charge per project, I wanted to let you know why. My rationale for an hourly rate is that all documentation and personal training projects differ. I can fix the layout of some documents in just an hour whereas others can take several hours. The same thing goes for editing. I am happy to discuss these issues with you. My ultimate goal is to make sure you feel that the price is fair so that we both are happy.